Sunday, July 29, 2012

Watership Down

Watership DownWatership Down by Richard Adams
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to Watership Down through the TSR roleplaying game, Gamma World. Though the novel didn't scratch my teenage itch for bunnies with laser rifles blasting renegade warbots, it did scratch the itch for something a bit more meaningful, a bit deeper than that. Maybe I'm a sap, but I found some spiritual appeal in the book, particularly in Fiver's growth from near-psychotic runt to leader. I guess I saw something in myself in Fiver. Fast forward a few decades to a few weeks ago when my oldest son, now getting ready to go to college, said: "Everything I learned about bunnies I learned from Watership Down!" Parental mission accomplished!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment