Friday, October 19, 2012

Generation Zero

Generation ZeroGeneration Zero by Pepe Moreno
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I originally read this in serialized form in the sadly long-defunct Epic Illustrated. I give the story itself 3 stars - what starts out as a gritty post-apocalyptic tale of exploration replete with hordes of deformed mutants and acid rain - no ACID rain - stumbles a bit at the end. As the residual technology encountered by the exploratory crew ramps up, so does the camp. I was rather disappointed by the highly-unlikely end. But the art is fantastic - truly monumental. If you are a fan of the old Heavy Metal, either the movie or the magazine (Metal Hurlant if you speak French), this is a must-read. So, (3 stars for story + 5 stars for art)/2 aspects of the graphic novel=4 stars overall.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment