Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Intermizzio

 I'm closing the following apps on my phone for a month. This doesn't mean I absolutely won't be on them, just that I'm not going to give myself access throughout the day, unless I log in on my PC. It's not quite a social media "fast," but more of a social media "short-term diet":

Goodbye (for one month, at least):

Instagram

Threads

Reddit

Bluesky

Of course, I left Twitter long ago and only get on Facebook maybe every other month or so. For now, my "social media" consists of:

Blogger

Substack

Discord

Goodreads

That's quite enough for now. Though, if Discogs had any social media functionality, I'd be on there, as well. 

If you need me, email me at f*o*r*r*e*s*t*j*a*g*u*i*r*r*e*at*g*m*a*i*l*.*c*o*m*  - you know the trick . . . 

I might pop in to make the occasional announcement about my upcoming book from Underland Press. Yep, time for another collection!

________________________

If you like my writing and want to help my creative endeavors, ko-fi me at https://ko-fi.com/forrestaguirre. Every little bit is seen and appreciated! Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking the break from social media. Summer is a good time to step away from the raging dumpster fire ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm already enjoying the break. Had to combat some boredom yesterday, but I think I'm past that now. I've got a ton of lines in my bullet journal that I'm hoping to knock off during this period.

      Delete