Saturday, September 29, 2012

Inherit the Stars

Inherit the StarsInherit the Stars by James P. Hogan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to this book in a college introductory archaeology course. I was a bit flabbergasted when I first saw the assignment. I'd read my share of science fiction up to that point, and didn't see what I could gain from a science fiction book that would benefit me in learning archaeology.

Well, after I read it, I saw.

A human skeleton is found on the moon, which is mysterious in and of itself. The more disturbing fact of the discovery, however, is not the simple presence of the remains. It's that the remains date back to the prehistoric era. The implications are staggering.

Inherit the Stars is thinking readers' science fiction at its best. The mystery pulls the reader in and drags him or her along on an intellectual ride. The unraveling of the mystery continues on in the book's sequels, but the first book in the series is by far the best.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment