Friday, September 14, 2012

Putting it Back Up Again

I have this magical gift. Years ago, when the then "funct" Surreal Magazine accepted and published my story "The Further Adventures of Star Boy" (still available in this collection), I had the privilege of bringing the death-knell to that publication. Well, maybe it had more to do with the publishers over-extending their reach, financially, but I like to think of Star Boy as the harbinger of that publication's doom. I believe my work was also primarily responsible for the untimely demise of the excellent magazines Whispers from the Shattered Forum, Flesh & Blood, and my favorite rag of all time, 3rd Bed. I can't tell you how many stories I've had accepted at various venues, only to see them go tits up before my story saw print. I've lost count.

So, surprise, surprise! What looked to be a very promising project is now dead. I'm not going to recount every convulsion of the fine small press who was considering my work, as I have a great deal of respect for them and their editors and hope for a speedy recovery. Suffice it to say that my action of taking my Italo and Vincenzo stories down from Smashwords was premature.

Therefore, in the next two to three weeks, I will be republishing the first volume of The Misadventures of Italo and Vincenzo: Cloaks of Vermin and Fish. I'll be sure to let as many people know as possible without making an ass of myself (I hate it when authors have no shame - seriously hate it) via twitter, google+, goodreads, smashwords, and this here blog. In the not-too-distant future (read: when I come up with cover art with which I am happy), I'll be compiling all three of the Misadventures of Italo and Vincenzo. For now, though, you'll have to be satisfied with only the first misadventure of the most bungling and lucky of Venice's Thieves' Guild apprentices. Soon . . . soon . . .

Afterword: "Soon" has come! Cloaks of Vermin and Fish is now up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment